Website Design can be described as the “layout of a website which decides how everything is arranged and exhibited on that site.”
When anyone visits your site, the first thing that he/she notices and persuading him to remain is the “website design”. The whole website designing process includes designing and planning its entire procedure, including its structure, topics, colours, images, font type and font size.
Several factors work together to create a perfect web design for a site. These variables include interface design, graphic design, user experience design, content creation, and search engine optimisation (SEO). These components add to the product of a successful layout and optimum experience.
Website development and Website Designing and are two different things, and most people do not understand that. Website development helps the site run, and web designing is just the design of the site.
Importance of Web Design
A website with a perfect website design that immediately catches the consumer’s attention is essential. Moreover, with an unattractive website design, you are not doing your brand any favours.
A Website that catches the consumer’s attention immediately using its easy-to-use interface and attractive design is very likely to get more business than a website with a complicated layout. A user-friendly website gives the impression that your brand is focused on the user experience, which gives you a competitive edge.
Must-haves for good Website design
There are many things that a web designer should focus on to achieve flawless web design. Some of them are mentioned below:-
- The crucial thing to remember is that web design should be according to your users’ tastes. Because the website consumer is the one who decides if the web design should be considered good enough or not.
- If web design isn’t up to the consumer’s taste, then what’s the point? Consequently, the most crucial part is figuring out what a user is looking for in your website. Additionally, how favourable it can be to look for his necessary product and service.
- Another important factor that matters a lot is the Web design’s responsiveness. Because people can now get the internet on all kinds of devices, such as laptops, tablets, smartphones, computers, and many more. Responsiveness of the web design says that the “website layout adjusts itself to the screen’s size”. This feature makes the website user-friendly for the best experience.
- Employing high-resolution images and graphics that immediately capture the user’s attention is vital. It also gives your website a lively look.
- Furthermore, don’t forget to keep a decent balance between text and graphics on each page. Because if both of the things are out of balance, the whole webpage will lose its attractiveness. Too much text on a web page may overwhelm the consumers, and with many graphics, your site would look like a children’s book.
- Various other things that require special attention are fonts, the colour theme of the entire site, and buttons.
- Lastly, make sure your website’s layout conveys the message about your brand’s products and services. Doing this could provide you with a little closer to achieving the web design that is up to your users’ preference. Website design directly tells the user about what you’re offering and how quickly the user can get it could change the game.
- Ensure your website’s layout fits your brand’s aesthetics because, without it, no one would take it badly.
Things to avoid for excellent Website design
Avoid these practices to attain successful web design, for example:
- Images that are distracting and irrelevant to the consumer are not going to help you at all. Graphics or wallpapers which are too dull or too funky always drive consumers away. Thus, ensure your website’s images are relevant to this site, and the background isn’t too chaotic or deflecting.
- In the same way, each service and product that your site offers should be simple to find with rapid accessibility. If a user needs to look too hard for buttons and links, he’s very likely to become annoyed and leave the website.
Creating a Good website design isn’t that complicated as long as you know the dos and don’ts and the right tools for the job. More importantly, you need to place yourself in a novice user’s shoes for a user-friendly web design and then determine how you want to observe that site. Read more